The spring bag

 
IMG_2359
Hmmm, spring... The bright colours, the smell of fresh leaves, when the sun and warmth return it never fails to bring a smile. So I felt quite inspired by a competition to create a spring bag, unfortunately it was based in France and not open to UK residents.  However, it felt like the perfect opportunity to motivate myself and sew a colourful, greenery-smelling bag for my soon to arrive spring baby !
IMG_2267
The two blue fabrics are from Ikea (got the turquoise one ages ago, 10 euros for a roll of 20 metres : bargain !!) and the green one I think is from Cousette.
 
IMG_2274
 
IMG_2276
The pattern is from this book by Anna Maria Horner which has loads of great projects for babies and mums-to-be. The patterns are rather complex and have a many different pièces (24 in the case of this bag... lots of cutting time!) but I thought it was time for a challenge and to try my hand at something a bit more elaborate. So I gathered a few fabrics from my stash, and here is the result... It doesn't really smell of greenery but I quite like my colourful spring changing bag !
IMG_2304
 

IMG_2349
 

IMG_2355
 
IMG_2366
 
IMG_2293
 
IMG_2356
 
IMG_2360
 
IMG_2368
A little bonus photo to celebrate the return of the sunshine :)  !!!
IMG_2351
***

Comments

Popular Posts