The mini monkey !

mini monkey image crop
Well there you go, it seems to be quite a popular activity for craft bloggers these days (Félicie à Paris, Anne Lison, Barnabé aime le café, , Julypouce tricoteVanilla & Lace, are only a few of the blogs whose owners have given birth in recent months, so producing offsprings is clearly the thing to do at the moment!), so I haven't tried to be original and have delivered a mini monkey in 2014. Since the 1st of may the big belly seen in this post has (partly !) disappeared, and the mini monkey has arrived ! Which will explain the lack of activity on this page recently...
 
The strange thing is, before he was born I had lots of time but absolutely no motivation or energy to sew, knit or make stuff, and since he has been here I have LOADS of ideas but virtually no time to do anything !
 
Our days our filled with mindless and repetitive acticities : feeding, changing nappies, trying to eat and have a rest in between, and starting again... Doing the laundry and the washing up has become a luxury (and I therefore enjoy it !! Who would have thought it!). To sum things up, I have never been so busy doing nothing. As I am breastfeeding, I spend hours on end sat on the sofa, one arm busy holding up my ever-hungry son, so I have one arm left with which to click. This is how I have been able to spend the last 6 weeks indirectly feeling creative whilst wandering from blog to blog. I have also spent rather a lot of time pinning on Pinterest, another one-armed activity I have been able to indulge in to satisfy my need for all things hand made and pretty.
IMG_2795
In the end, this time of imposed idleness has led me to reflect on where to go with this blog, which I have never really found satisfactory so far. The values which are important to me and which have led me to try and make the stuff that I could easily go out and buy are : hatred for waste, a slightly eco-conscious tendancy, and a tight budget / tight purse strings (depending on how you see things). I feel this isn't really obvious enough in the posts so far, so from now on I will try and analyse projects a bit more and highlight how much they cost to make. As I really love a good DIY or free pattern (being tight, as I am!), I intend to carry on using them, but I'll also try and publish a few DIY of my own over here in an attempt to contribute a bit more. There might even be a book or pattern review from time to time, or even, who knows, a recipe? And of course if you have any suggestions of what you would like to see here please get in touch, this page is yours my little monkeys!
 
Also, I found out I rather enjoyed blogs where the authors weren't afraid of writing a bit about themselves. Inevitably it is linked to what appears on their blog, and I am sorry if it bores you, but I figured it might actually be quite therapeutic to share a bit more of myself here ! Don't worry, I won't be offended if you decide to skip a few paragraphs.
 
And because becoming a mother is THE thing to do at the moment, I was particularly interested in reading all the new mummy-bloggers' accounts of their experiences. So you have the super mums who share their birth story along with countless beautiful photos of them looking stunning and fresh as a daisy throughout (Vanilla & Lace) or who manage to stay creative whilst cradling a newborn in their arms (Alisa Burke), as for me, I particularly enjoyed Mathilde's account from Félicie à Paris, it is in French but sums up quite accurately my experience of motherhood as a great life-changing but not always very glamourous job! And like her I hope to be able to gradually manage to make the most of every little moment of freedom to make stuff, and show it to you here.
 
PS : I would like to thank my son for having a nice long sleep this morning, thus enabling me to translate this whole message in one go ! Amazing. I think I've got a nappy to change now...
 
PPS : All my apologies for this (very) long message, I promise not to make a habit of it  !
mini monkey logo
***

Comments

Popular Posts